Maybe these are the cookies to leave for santa? I mean that guy must be getting sick of royal icing and M&M’s.
I’m on the amazing cookie quest to see which cookies will be present during the holidays, and will be present during co-worker food eatin’ time. So far I have my favorites, however I am looking for a few new entries to spice some things up. The most puzzling spot to fill is the biscotti position. I want something that isn’t too nutty and that isn’t just fruit, which seems to be a majority of the biscotti population. So…. I’m working on it.
About these cookies, I was super amazed that there are no eggs in this recipe! And that it also seems a little healthier with the maple syrup and almond milk. So yay official no dairy recipe!
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch cloves
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Mix first four ingredients together as sugar coating on a dinner plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, use fork to vigorously mix oil, sugar, syrup & milk. Mix for at least a minute to resemble applesauce. Then mix in vanilla
- Sift in remaining ingredients, stirring as you add them. Mix until pliable
- Roll into walnut sized balls, flatten into sugar mixure.
- Transfer sugar side up to cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 mins. Should be slightly brown on bottom.
I did absolutely no alterations to the recipe above because it was already awesome all around. Seriously tasty cookies!