So I know its been a while. But there are a few things going on from behind the scenes that I am happy to report about.
I will have a mascot soon! I am so excited 😀 He is going to be the most adorable little thing on the planet and he’s already made my week. That being said, I am hoping that with a little time I can have a better web design and also the little guy to show you. Props to my friend Toni and her awesome drawing skills.
In the meantime, I’m doing my best to make sure you guys get more content and more tasty things to make. I made some cookies. And these cookies were unexpectedly good. Like I made them because I had the things in my pantry, but I wasn’t thinking that these were going to be the most amazing things in the world.
These cookies surprised me big time. The little currants in the sugar cookie add a special little sweetness to them, that they are just a powerhouse of tasty flavor.
- 3/4 cup butter or vegan margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pich salt
- 1/4 dried currants
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy, beat in egg and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture in 3 additions.
- Stir in currants,
- Divide dough in half; shape into discs. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or 24 hours make-ahead).
- Let stand at room temperature until soft enough to roll out (about 15 mins).
- Between waxed paper, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. With a medium cookie cutter of choice (I chose a scone cutter because it was cute and round.) Place about 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time at 375 degrees until the bottoms are a pale golden (about 8 mins).
- Let cool on baking sheet for 1 min, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
If you’re feeling like the sweetness of the cookies themselves isn’t enough, they could also work nicely with some brown butter frosting. Be albeit me to tell you what to do with your cookies. 😉