Look at him!! Isn’t he the cutest little cupcake you’ve ever seen?????
When I posted the picture to instagram, it had the caption of “Spooky Cupcakes…wait no CUTE CUPCAKES!” Which is exactly what they are! There are derpy ones, scared ones, and totally adorable ones!
I had help from my awesome friend Jenna, who watched me not screw them up. They are super duper easy to make, but I’m still not really confident with piping, so her moral support was appreciated. I found the eyes, sprinkles, and coloured sanding sugar at bulk barn. I do have to say that they look a little bit like muppets, but they are definitely fun to eat.
- Cupcakes that have been baked and cooled (I used Devil’s Foodcake)
- Vanilla Icing
- Different food colouring
- Sprinkles and Sanding Sugar
- Googly Eyed Candy or Mini Marshmallows
- Using a star tip, take a piping bag and coloured icing of your choice, and dab the icing onto the cupcake and pull up quickly while applying pressure.
- Continue until you’ve covered the whole cupcake and the icing looks like fur that’s messy.
- Using sprinkles or sanding sugar or your choice, add copious amounts onto the top of the cupcakes to give them a even fuzzier effects.
- Then add two googly eyed candies, or 2 small marshmallows with a dot drawn on them with a edible pen.
- Try to eat them, but can’t because they’re so cute!