I never really knew what to do with beans. Many others suggest to eat beans because they are healthy. My family and I never did eat beans very often when growing up. When we did, I made sure to not sleep on the same floor as my father. But i guess that is a story for a different day.
So what to do with the beans? I was lucky and recently managed to stumble on a Chickpea recipe from www.fitsugar.com. I modified the recipe by adding some brown sugar and added extra nutmeg. For some reason I just love nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and cinnamon. I guess this is the reason that makes me right at home when spice cake comes around. I hope you enjoy these tasty little treats, which were an excellent snack for when I was writing this post. 😉
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain chickpeas in a colander, and then on a towel to dry.
- Spread chickpeas on baking sheet on a single layer. Bake for approximately 45-60 mins. If still soft put them back in the oven at 5 minute intervals.
- While chickpeas are warm, toss them in a bowl of the above mixture.
- Store remainders of the snack in an air tight container.