Banana bread is close to one of my favourites. I just want to be able to make it like Starbucks does. It’s so tasty! So I tried my hand at it, and found a recipe, again from the lovely Bethany’s Best garage sale cook book, that I’m still pawing through. Enjoy!
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt 3 times.
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs one at a time.
- Add mashed bananas to milk alternately with flour mixture.
- When well blended, pour into a greased 9" loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes or until brown.
A couple of notes for those who are making this milk free: For the butter I used the vegan margarine. I’m finding only a slight difference in the results, being that butter is more oily than the margarine. And as for the milk, I still used almond milk which made the banana bread a little firmer, instead of the buttermilk.
Also a shout out to my Aunt Eva who made the lovely tea towels that you see in the photo. She weaved them herself! I’m so lucky to have such talented family!