Nick and I went to my parents for the weekend, and as my mother always does, she made a chicken. It’s the really nice thing about going home is that there is always something tasty coming home with us. My mom was craving freezer space so she can start making her legendary apple pie, which is the best part about Christmas and Thanksgiving. You know the company is good, but the food, its all about the food.
So since I came home with a bunch of chicken, I wanted to do something a little different than having to make the sides to go with it. I didn’t really want to turn my oven on tonight, I won’t lie. So I opted for chicken salad. It’s not something I normally do, I’m more of a cold cut on my sandwich kind of person and like keeping it that way. So this is a nice stretch for both me and Nick.
- 1 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 1/2 cup celery chopped fine
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped fine
- 1/2 red pepper chopped fine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 5 leaves of Korean cilantro
- 4 cups of cooked chicken, white and dark meat
- Chop all the vegetables really finely and put into bowl. Do the same for the parsely and cilantro.
- Separate and cube chicken into the same bowl as the vegetables. Set aside
- In separate bowl, mix miracle whip and lemon juice. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the chicken to the miracle whip mixture and toss until well coated.
- Spoon onto toast for sandwiches, store in airtight container.